Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Return of the Sewage Fairy

At the risk of whining, is mercury retrograde this week? WTHH is going on?

I ran over something with my car and took out the two tires on the driver's side. Got towed home in the rain and the car sat. I managed to pinch my scissor jack under the parts car. Its still there.

Today I get help and the tires got swapped out. Great.

Now the car won't start at all. WTF?

Oh and my toilet is suddenly flushing not down the nice pipe to the septic system but over the floor. Sigh. I need a new wax ring.

My son pushed the car down the hill almost a half a klick and I tried popping it into second but that did not work.

So the car is now parked down by the Hydro transfer station and I'll have to bike into town tomorrow to get the plumbing bits.

Look, all joking aside you trickster Gods... these are NOT FUNNY. I don't care that you're rolling on your ass laughing at me! Not funny.

Well, maybe a little.

I mean the toilet thing and me needing to be the Sewage Fairy again after all these years, schlepping nasty wet towels across to the washing machine... Yeah, maybe I can get a giggle out of that. At least it was just towels this time. It could have been much worse!

I guess I should have expected the toilet thing. Some Gods have a low sense of humour.

No comments: