Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gone in the Wind

This evening, a friend stood up in front of two hundred people and erased me.  It wasn't a malicious act.  It was probably forgetfulness.  But my contribution completely vanished from history.  Something I did and was very proud of.  Poof.  I apparently did not do it.  But that is not how I remember it.

I'm suffering.  This hurts.

How do I deal with this?  How do I quit hurting?  We are going to be working more in the future.  I've given my word.  So I am afraid of and expecting this to happen again.  But I cannot gracefully back out without completely destroying previous work done.  So I have to suck this up.  I have to let this go.

I have to throw up my hands and say 'armour myself against what I am taught will happen again' and carry on.

To maintain my own integrity I have to let this go.  I just don't know how quite yet.

1 comment:

Aspen said...

I do not like to hear of good people being hurt by supposed friends. I hope that as time goes by, your true friends and you reach a rapport that shields you from this.