Friday, October 9, 2009

The Freakin' Dog Made it HOME!!!

On Tuesday, Rio and Hoover got out of my car when I gave a friend in need a ride into town to get groceries and back to the hunt camp where they were staying. They disappeared.

Hoover made it back to my house, thirty klicks away, that night. Rio wasn't with him.

I was just about to write him off when who should come home?

Rio. Gods if only dogs could talk. His tag is missing. He's soaking wet and he vacuumed up a bowl of dog food in nothing flat!

Jeez I was already starting to mourn him because it was so out of character for him.

My dogs are all fixed so who knows what happened? Maybe someone took him in... just let him out and he took off on them?

I'll never know.

But as little as I need three big dogs, my family is complete again and my boys will be happy.

A good homecoming and a small incredible journey!

No comments: